BIG WORLD OF LITTLE DUDE™ CURRICULUM
A blueprint for understanding and guiding children’s learning:
An evidence-based curriculum cultivating social and emotional skills.
To develop self-aware and socially-aware little citizens.
DEVELOPMENTAL THEMES & LESSONS
HOW IT WORKS
This is a concierge curriculum, which allows for one or more lessons to be hand picked for the needs of your school or library.
Each lesson is uniquely created and is a combination of literacy, music, group activities, whole class discussion and tactile experiences, which relate to the developmental theme. Each Lesson is 40 minutes.
- Support and develop executive functioning skills.
- Lower anxiety and improve focus.
- Enhance individual capacity for improved academic learning.
- To nurture community and cultivate connections between school and home.
- Self-Management: managing emotions and behaviors.
- Self-Awareness: understanding emotions and how to facilitate challenges and frustrations.
- Social Awareness and Relationship Skills: understanding feelings and developing interpersonal skills.
- Responsible Decision-Making: making positive choices about behavior and constructive conflict resolution skills.
Measuring social and emotional skills is vital to directing children’s learning and outcomes. This program will use an assessment rubric evaluating: responsibility, curiosity, creativity, and self-improvement. These assessments can correlate to existing teacher-parents-student performance measures or platforms.
Inspiring teachers is a crucial factor influencing student achievement and professional development is a critical way to support both new and experienced educators. An interactive workshop will be offered as part of the Big World of Little Dude Curriculum. This will be an opportunity to share the research behind teaching social and emotional skills, explore the key components of the curriculum and opportunity to collaborate together.
Big World of Little Dude Curriculum™ can be in your school or library.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org