BIG WORLD OF LITTLE DUDE™ CURRICULUM
A blueprint for understanding and guiding children’s learning:
An evidence-based curriculum cultivating social and emotional skills.
To develop self-aware as well as socially-aware global citizens.
- Support and develop executive functioning skills.
- Lower anxiety and improve focus.
- Enhance individual capacity for improved academic learning.
- To nurture community and cultivate connections between school and home.
- Self-Management: managing emotions and behaviors.
- Self-Awareness: understanding emotions and how to facilitate challenges and frustrations.
- Social Awareness and Relationship Skills: understanding feelings and developing interpersonal skills.
- Responsible Decision-Making: making positive choices about behavior and constructive conflict resolution skills.
HOW IT WORKS
- The curriculum is broken into 5 developmental concepts.
- There are 4 lessons per developmental concept.
- Each Lesson is between 35-45 minutes.
- Lessons are taught by certified teachers that come to your school or library.
- The curriculum is delivered over a school year, with a lesson every second week.
Don’t want to commit to the full year program? The concierge curriculum allows one or more lessons to be hand picked for the needs of your school or library allowing for maximum flexibility.
Each lesson is uniquely created and is a combination of literacy, music, group activities, whole class discussion and tactile experiences, which relate to the developmental concepts.
Inspiring teachers is a crucial factor influencing student achievement and professional development is a critical way to support both new and experienced educators. An interactive workshop will be offered as part of the Big World of Little Dude Curriculum. This will be an opportunity to share the research behind teaching social and emotional skills, explore the key components of the curriculum and opportunity to collaborate together.
Measuring social and emotional skills is vital to directing children’s learning and outcomes. This program will use an assessment rubric evaluating: responsibility, curiosity, creativity, and self-improvement. These assessments can correlate to existing teacher-parents-student performance measures or platforms.
If you are interested in the The Big World of Little Dude Curriculum™
in your school or library, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW! SKYPE LESSONS!
Through the use of technology, classrooms and libraries can connect from all over the world. We can be beamed into your classroom via tablet, computer or Smart Board, the only application you will need is Skype. We are offering free Skype mini lessons where children have the experience to meet the author, Cara Zelas and both Little Dude’s (the real therapy dog and his puppet), ask questions and engage in a reading or activity.
You can choose either:
- A 15-minute reading with time for question and answers
- A 15-minute lesson linked to the book selected with time for questions and answers. (Hard copies or downloadable books can be purchased prior to the lesson)
Time slots are limited, so please book in advance.
For availability, contact email@example.com
Link to download Skype: http://www.skype.com
Find us by searching for: Little Dude NYC